Tom Kertes Consulting
Through supportive relationships and active learning, children develop the capacity to apply the values of respect, honour, integrity, and curiosity throughout their daily lives. This is how children develop the skills required to think in both critical and creative ways, as full members of their community. It is how people thrive. And it is how the community gives life to the people within it.
Highlights of my teaching and tutoring experience:
- Student teacher in a grade 5 classroom (long practicum) and in a kindergarten classroom (short practicum)
- 7 years of experience teaching young children (preschool and kindergarten)
- 4 years of experience teaching intermediate students (summer school and science instructor)
- 4 years of experience as a tutor in reading and writing
I also have the following related experience:
- Policy Advisor at Ontario’s self-regulatory College of Early Childhood Educators
- College Instructor in Early Childhood Education at Seneca College in Toronto
Professional Development Consulting and Workshops
In addition to working directly with young children, I offer professional development workshops and keynotes throughout North America for kindergarten teachers and other early childhood educators. These workshops and keynotes are:
- Practical… Learn simple and meaningful strategies
- Thought-Provoking… Explore big ideas together
- Empowering… Transform children’s lives for the better
The workshops and keynotes provide kindergarten teachers and other early childhood educators with powerful examples of children’s learning through shared responsibility, critical thinking, early literacy, and meaningful projects.
Core to my approach to both adult and early childhood education are the human rights values of unconditional respect, universal dignity, and shared responsibility.